October 27, 2006

Quote of the Day

Put simply: There are no grown-ups in the Democrat Party.

Maybe this is what a prematurely giddy Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., meant when she told the Los Angeles Times this week: “The gavel of the speaker of the House is in the hands of special interests, and now it will be in the hands of America’s children.”

Yep. Put the gavel in the hands of Pelosi and the Democrats, and you will put the gavel in the hands of children. Couldn’t put it better myself.

-Michelle Malkin in the Washington Times.

Hat-tip Jim M.

Posted by Karol at 01:26 AM |
Comments

Nancy might not get that gavel. The thought of Nancy with the gavel is striking terror in the hearts of American adults.
Michele Bachmann, a Republican running for an open representative seat in Minnesota, was down by 8 points two weeks ago. This was during the Democrats and MSM’s gay bashing frenzy.
In a poll released yesterday by USA Today, Michele Bachmann is ahead by 6 points, a plus change of 14 points. The Republicans now have momentum.

Posted by: Jake at October 27, 2006 at 10:00 am

I saw her profiled on 60 Minutes this weekend. Wow. I couldn’t be any more scared about an accession to power as Nancy Pelosi to the Speaker’s chair. Talk about a powermad nutjob. > Exchanging one set of oligarchists for another.

Posted by: David at October 27, 2006 at 10:11 am

Mark Foley wants his gavel in the hands of America’s children.
Thank you folks, I’ll be here all night.

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at October 27, 2006 at 11:49 am

While I appreciate Jake standing up for the GOP (and while I don’t think the GOP has momentum, I think the Dems have had theirs slowed) the Republicans are going down. The latest poll I saw in the Minn 6 still has Bachmann below 50%. That isn’t what you want to see with an incumbent. This thing ain’t over by any means.

Posted by: Von Bek at October 27, 2006 at 1:45 pm

Von Bek:
There is a independent candidate in Bachmann’s race.

Posted by: Jake at October 27, 2006 at 4:05 pm

Yeah and it’s a college student in single digits. For what it is worth, I think Bachman can and should be able to hold onto Kennedy’s seat (aside, WTF happened to Mark Kennedy, he was supposed to be the best GOP hope to pick up a senate seat). But I think there are a lot of GOP house seats which are in serious danger all across the country. I’m thinking Pelosi gets the gavel (and remember most Americans have no idea who she is) and the Dems get a majority of the governorships. I think the GOP still holds the Senate like 51-49 which puts power in the hands of the leftist Republicans in Maine and leftist darlin’ Arlen.

Posted by: Von Bek at October 27, 2006 at 4:38 pm