September 26, 2006

I know better….

I deleted the meme. I think it’s my first time ever purposefully deleting a post. I just felt a little sick whenever I looked at it. Sorry.

Posted by Karol at 08:49 AM |
Comments

You feel bad because the honest truth can really hurt people. The world would be a very very different place if people said what they really felt.
I cringed when I read mine but overall it was cathartic.

Posted by: Lisa at September 26, 2006 at 2:27 pm

Where is yours??

Posted by: Karol at September 26, 2006 at 2:33 pm

Pn is suppose to post it as a guest blogger post but I guess she hasn’t got around to it yet.

Posted by: Lisa at September 26, 2006 at 2:40 pm

bitches!

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at September 26, 2006 at 3:16 pm

I’ll do it tonight;
I’m older than you, Karol and have had more chances to know people whom I’m dying to tell it how it is…

Posted by: Tatyana at September 26, 2006 at 3:25 pm

bitches!
Anyone else notice that nds has been cursing a whole lot more ever since she got into the poker thing? From Karol’s comment section to unsuspecting Friendly’s — you never know when she might start dropping the F-bomb…

Posted by: Alceste at September 26, 2006 at 3:28 pm

Reading this stuff is a recipe for paranoia.
Also I have a hunch who #5 is and, if I’m right, “fetishizing rejection” is a spectacularly articulate way of saying it.

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at September 26, 2006 at 3:32 pm

recipe for paranoia. Joe hit the nail on the head. Well put.

Posted by: Ari at September 26, 2006 at 3:47 pm

everyone think they know who number 5 is, I think we’re all wrong. Which number am I? Cause if I’m number two, I’m going to kick your ass.

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at September 26, 2006 at 4:03 pm

wierdly, reading this made me like you even more. somebody knows how to cut through the bullshit, and that i’ll say to your face.

Posted by: candy girl at September 26, 2006 at 4:11 pm

I wish I could come up with just one.

Posted by: Ivan Lenin at September 26, 2006 at 6:30 pm

#5 sounds familiar.

Posted by: someone at September 26, 2006 at 8:02 pm

What aspect of it made you so uncomfortable?

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at September 26, 2006 at 9:22 pm

Unfortunate combination of too personal and too nasty.

Posted by: Karol at September 26, 2006 at 9:31 pm

You didn’t even write anything categorically nasty – at least, you didn’t call anyone Pigpen, like I did.
The funny part, to me, is that no matter who you intend it as, or how far back you go to cull the choices, someone, today will think it’s them for reasons you would never consider.
Can’t please all the people all of the time. Esp. when you are me ;)

Posted by: Ari at September 26, 2006 at 9:39 pm

If y’all motherfuckers think #5 was about me, you’re mistaken. Didn’t it begin “you’ll never find someone if…”? Well, that should have clued you in right there.

Posted by: Allah at September 26, 2006 at 11:13 pm

I’m appalled to have missed this whatever-it-was. No soup fo you!

Posted by: Anwyn at September 26, 2006 at 11:17 pm

. o O (you meaning me, not that anybody here is to be denied soup.)

Posted by: Anwyn at September 26, 2006 at 11:19 pm

Ah. Read Tatyana’s. Now I get it.

Posted by: Anwyn at September 26, 2006 at 11:37 pm

see, i don’t know why you deleted it, because i actually didn’t think you wrote anything particularly malicious in most of them.
i did this myself, and while i don’t feel like posting it, and part of me can’t share some of those things even with a complete stranger — or a best friend, there’s something wonderful about having the courage to put it on paper and deal with the fact that that’s how i really feel, right or wrong. first step to changing it, i think.

Posted by: candy girl at September 27, 2006 at 12:35 am

Yeah, I know, I didn’t go that far with it. But I still felt sort of mean and, more importantly, exposed. If I care about these people then I’ll say it to their faces. If I don’t then I won’t say it anywhere.

Posted by: Karol at September 27, 2006 at 12:40 am

it’s totally an exposed, raw feeling. writing it reminded me of the first time i really repented for anything — that feeling of brushing up against the raw truth, admitting things to yourself for the first time.
that is, i suppose, why it’s basically staying between me and G-d. :)

Posted by: candy girl at September 27, 2006 at 1:04 am

Karol, I can get behind that. I could never do this on a blog unless it was completely anonymous and nobody I know read it. Candy girl, I think you’re right about putting it down and reading in black and white how you really feel.
What’s funny is ordinarily I would add, “if you can guarantee that it *is* how you really feel” but I have in mind a few things and a few people, and I know it really is how I feel. :P Guess that’s what shakes out when you tell yourself you don’t actually have to tell *them*–just write it down.

Posted by: Anwyn at September 27, 2006 at 1:17 am

Respect.

Posted by: Ivan Lenin at September 27, 2006 at 1:35 am

Wait . . . are you saying that you have found somebody? Masel Tov!

Posted by: sam at September 27, 2006 at 6:37 am

Allah:
FWIW, I wasn’t referring to you; my (incorrect) guess for #5 wasn’t even a guy.

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at September 27, 2006 at 8:28 am

Karol, it was probably a good idea to erase it, friends are very sensitivo.

Posted by: dan the x-Republican at September 27, 2006 at 10:24 am

Wow, I’m behind today. Damn quarter end.
What I liked most about the meme was precisely what you didn’t like – that exposed feeling. The fact that I was able to put honest feelings out there, which by the way brought out my own nastiness more so than other people’s, was very freeing in a ‘like it or not, this is how I feel’ sort of way.

Posted by: pn at September 27, 2006 at 3:30 pm

Easing Back In

Lest anyone think that blogging is a walk in the park, it’s not. It would be even less so if I cared about my traffic. It’s a difficult matter to find things over the course of the day (if you blog at night as I do) that are 1) relevant, 2)…

Posted by: Anwyn's Notes in the Margin at September 29, 2006 at 1:20 am