September 26, 2006

Anti-Semitic Olbermann

Ed R. in St. Louis sent me a beautiful email saying he was insulted by Keith “dumb as a rock” Olbermann calling Chris Wallace a ‘monkey’. Wallace is apparently a descendent of Russian Jews, and it seems Olberidiot was making some kind of ‘macaca’-like insult at us. Ed writes “Jews were ritually called monkeys in Austria, Germany, Occupied Poland and elsewhere. We know what happened to almost all of those who were unable to flee. For a man of Jewish ancestry to invoke such a term just days after The New Year (Shana Tova to all!) is a disgrace.” Allah’s got video.

UPDATE: Texas Hold ‘Em Blogger writes (no, I didn’t find him because of the poker blog, I found him trackbacking to Allah) “Have to feel a little sorry for Olbermann. His ratings over at PMSNBC are miniscule. Need a microscope to see him, he’s so jealous of O’Reilly.

Begging the question: if a moonbat gives a rant and nobody sees it, does it make a sound?”

Comments

Was “monkey” really an insult/slur used against Jewish people? Did any of the Gentiles out there know that? And why bother with Olbermann in any event?
(And in general, aren’t Anglo-American whitefolk more inclined to use “monkey” as a derogatory term for African-American blackfolk?)

Posted by: Alceste at September 26, 2006 at 2:51 pm

I don’t speak or read german, so I can’t tell you. However, I have seen a number of german publications from the 1930’s and 1940’s where jews were graphically portrayed as monkies.

Posted by: sam at September 26, 2006 at 3:04 pm

I doubt Olbermann (nice Aryan name there, BTW) possesses the subtlety to use the term ‘monkey’ to imply anything antisemitic. He’s nothing more than a pimply grade school kid calling other kids doo-doo head.

Posted by: PaleoMedic at September 26, 2006 at 3:17 pm

Isn’t President Bush frequently portrayed as a monkey, like curious George ??
How would anyone know “Chris”, “Wallace” was a decendent of Russian Jews. I think he called him a monkey for his questionable tactics of firing up Clinton with OBL backhands, not the reporter’s heritage. My High School football coach used to call us Monkey’s all the time, maybe he thought we were all Russian Jews, who knows.
I vote terrorist, no wait, hypersensitive on this one.

Posted by: dan the x-Republican at September 26, 2006 at 3:56 pm

Obermann has gone completely off the rails. I suppose NBC thinks it is cheaper to keep Obermann in a studio than a nursing home.
People who watch Obermann are the same people who go to zoos to watch the mentally ill apes masturbate and throw shit at each other.

Posted by: Jake at September 26, 2006 at 4:19 pm

kinda like the handicap controversy here:

Posted by: Scott Sala at September 26, 2006 at 4:22 pm

O’Reilly does kick Olbermann’s ass, and I knew I recognized his name from somewhere else, he used to do ESPN ! lol.
I guess this brings up the question of wether or not a Jew can be an anti-semite.

Posted by: dan the x-Republican at September 26, 2006 at 4:27 pm

Anti-semitic? Are you serious? That is some serious grasping at straws. He was calling Wallace a monkey because he is a Fox News reporter, not because he was Jewish.

Posted by: Charles at September 26, 2006 at 4:28 pm

How would anyone know “Chris”, “Wallace” was a decendent of Russian Jews.
Most people read newspapers and books, therefore, they would know Chris Wallace is the son of Mike Wallace who’s parents immigrated from Russia and were Jewish. See how that works, dan?

Posted by: sam at September 26, 2006 at 4:52 pm

Look sam I know you have a lot of time since you’ve been disbarred, but I don’t think it’s common knowledge that Wallace is a Russian last name. I know who Mike Wallace is I didn’t make the connection that Chris is his son, ya monkey.
Weak link to anti-semitism (by another Jew no less) at best. Sorry to ruin the “everybody’s against us” rally.

Posted by: dan the x-Republican at September 26, 2006 at 4:58 pm

Sober up, dan. Being ignorant is nothing for you to brag about. It is common knowledge that Mike Wallace is Jewish and that Chris Wallace is his son. My God, they even look and sound alike. Additionally, you appear to lack the neurons to figure out that the family, like many immigrant families, changed their name when they immigrated. Go read a book.

Posted by: sam at September 26, 2006 at 5:35 pm

I don’t think it’s common knowledge to know a TV reporter’s religion or family background. Maybe you’d still be the DA of Pawtuckett if you weren’t reading the TV guide over and over again.

Posted by: dan the x-Republican at September 26, 2006 at 5:42 pm

Once again, you show your ignorance, dan. I would say a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but you have demonstated repeatedly, you don’t have one.

Posted by: sam at September 26, 2006 at 6:15 pm

I think this one falls into the same category as Tony Snow’s “tar baby.” Olbermann is clearly pandering to his audience, but any resemblance between his insults and actual slurs are, I think, coincidental.

Posted by: Jeff Harrell at September 26, 2006 at 6:37 pm

Nazis portrayed Jews as subhuman, and like an earlier poster mentioned, used ape and monkey imagery in their propaganda about Jews.
Today, however, it is the Islamists who call Jews monkeys.
I don’t know if Olbermann intended it as a slur against Jews or not but it is a slur used against Jews.
Is Olbermann a Jewish or German surname?

Posted by: Bozoer Rebbe at September 26, 2006 at 10:51 pm

I actually watch Olbermann once in a while for kicks. He’s like the protester with a pink shirt shouting from the back of the room. They drop bombs once in a while that elicit a laugh, but you just can’t take them seriously.

Posted by: Jeff Lemmon at September 27, 2006 at 1:08 am

Jeff Lemmon’s description is great, but please stop giving Olbermann anymore undeserved attention. The same goes for O’Reilly. They’re both just jackasses.

Posted by: ccs178 (Chris) at September 27, 2006 at 9:32 am

Be careful Rebbe, Sam might get upset you don’t know Olbermann’s bio.
Olbermann is Jewish.
(pending Sam verification of course)

Posted by: dan the x-Republican at September 27, 2006 at 10:21 am

Unlike you, Bozoer Rebbe is not a fool. Mike Wallace has been a public figure in this country for decades. That you are ignorant about him, and just about everything else discussed on this blog, . . . well, why state the obvious?

Posted by: sam at September 27, 2006 at 10:32 am

Olbermann is Jewish! I am not pleased at that. He is a piece of dreck.

Posted by: Kwai Chang Caine at September 28, 2006 at 10:05 am