August 31, 2006

Crazy or terrorist? (An Alarming News Continuing Series)

Omeed Aziz Pop, drives SUV into crowd of pedestrians in California.

French teenager with gun threatens tourists.

Woman freaks out on airplane, implies she’s Al Qaeda, pees on floor.

Posted by Karol at 08:06 AM |

Have you seen the bathrooms in Pakistan? She held it throughout her trip and let go once she was on the airplane.

Posted by: Jake at August 31, 2006 at 11:57 am

MSM thinks Omeed is a bad guy, not because he injured 12 Jewish people, but because he drove an SUV.

Posted by: Jake at August 31, 2006 at 12:00 pm

I vote crazy on this one. I LOVE this game!

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at August 31, 2006 at 1:11 pm

I had some heated exchanges w/ bloggers of the Omeed case. I say it’s low-grade jihad — though still deadly — cultural sense. (The way Adam Sandler or Barbra Streisand are Jews — they are, but only by extraction.)
Nitty-gritty questions should come to the fore in understanding Popal: the freedom of dating in a secular society vs. arranged marriage, the misery of living with mental illness. The combination of these pushed him over the edge. How he expressed it, however — comandeering a vehicle, rampaging through one of the most affluent and Jewish sections of SF — that’s Muslim, that’s jihad, that’s copycat terrorism in the image of Mohammed Atta and Naveed Haq.

Posted by: Jeremayakovka at August 31, 2006 at 1:49 pm

I agree crazy!! and i agree it was jew hatred in the omeed case!

Posted by: sara at August 31, 2006 at 6:01 pm

This sooo should be a Jeopardy category. Going with crazy on this one.

Posted by: Shawn at August 31, 2006 at 10:35 pm

I say terrorist who went crazy

Posted by: dan the Democrat at September 1, 2006 at 10:19 am

One can be crazy, and still be guilty of homicide and attempted homicide. I wouldn’t write him off as crazy and technically not culpable so quickly. I hope his bride in Pakistan can get an anullment.

Posted by: sam at September 1, 2006 at 11:22 am