August 31, 2006

Crazy or terrorist? (An Alarming News Continuing Series)

Omeed Aziz Pop, drives SUV into crowd of pedestrians in California.

Previous:

French teenager with gun threatens tourists.

Woman freaks out on airplane, implies she’s Al Qaeda, pees on floor.

Posted by Karol at 08:06 AM |
Comments

Have you seen the bathrooms in Pakistan? She held it throughout her trip and let go once she was on the airplane.

Posted by: Jake at August 31, 2006 at 11:57 am

MSM thinks Omeed is a bad guy, not because he injured 12 Jewish people, but because he drove an SUV.

Posted by: Jake at August 31, 2006 at 12:00 pm

I vote crazy on this one. I LOVE this game!

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at August 31, 2006 at 1:11 pm

I had some heated exchanges w/ bloggers of the Omeed case. I say it’s low-grade jihad — though still deadly — cultural sense. (The way Adam Sandler or Barbra Streisand are Jews — they are, but only by extraction.)
Nitty-gritty questions should come to the fore in understanding Popal: the freedom of dating in a secular society vs. arranged marriage, the misery of living with mental illness. The combination of these pushed him over the edge. How he expressed it, however — comandeering a vehicle, rampaging through one of the most affluent and Jewish sections of SF — that’s Muslim, that’s jihad, that’s copycat terrorism in the image of Mohammed Atta and Naveed Haq.

Posted by: Jeremayakovka at August 31, 2006 at 1:49 pm

I agree crazy!! and i agree it was jew hatred in the omeed case!

Posted by: sara at August 31, 2006 at 6:01 pm

This sooo should be a Jeopardy category. Going with crazy on this one.

Posted by: Shawn at August 31, 2006 at 10:35 pm

I say terrorist who went crazy

Posted by: dan the Democrat at September 1, 2006 at 10:19 am

One can be crazy, and still be guilty of homicide and attempted homicide. I wouldn’t write him off as crazy and technically not culpable so quickly. I hope his bride in Pakistan can get an anullment.

Posted by: sam at September 1, 2006 at 11:22 am