July 29, 2006

Well, that settles that

I was one of them Jews willing to give Mel Gibson the benefit of the doubt that he wasn’t a Jew-hating maniac like his father. Big mistake, huge.

I will never watch Braveheart the same way again.

Comments

You know, I need to stop reading about this kind of stuff. Every time I see something like this I say to myself “well, I’m never going to see one of his movies again”.
Unfortunately, my list is getting longer and longer – Mel Gibson, Cameron Diaz, Alec Baldwin, Johnny Depp, Martin Sheen, Jane Fonda, etc, etc.
Why can’t they just make movies and be normal?

Posted by: Eric at July 29, 2006 at 6:09 pm

This news was quite depressing. And, I still can’t figure out how being busted for DWI triggered this outburst. Duh, what did Gibson see on the cop’s uniform, A Star of David instead of a badge? I guess the hate so rampant that being drunk and busted was enough to let the genie out of the bottle.
Sick.

Posted by: Redhand at July 30, 2006 at 1:09 am

Another reason to dislike this man. POTC was another.

Posted by: bryan at July 30, 2006 at 4:46 am

Maybe he was mad at police becuase he had to walk a few feet at Grand Central to catch a cab.

Posted by: PAUL at July 30, 2006 at 9:27 am

When I was a public defender, I would schlep over to the county jail and would often run into clients who were alcoholics and being booked while under the influence. The trash talk flowing from their mouths did not reflect the person they were when they were sober. I believe it’s part of the self destructiveness of alcoholism.

Posted by: shawn at July 30, 2006 at 6:26 pm

Forgot to sign the damn thing and it didn’t post. So, let’s try again:
When I was a public defender, I would schlep over to the county jail and would often run into clients who were alcoholics and being booked while under the influence.. The trash talk flowing from their mouths did not reflect the person they were when they were sober. I believe it’s part of the self destructiveness of alcoholism.

Posted by: sam at July 30, 2006 at 6:28 pm

Gee, Paul, you just can’t be a man and admit you still don’t know what the **** you were talking about? After all my logical arguments, you still can do nothing but be a putz. Oh well.
By the way, a friendly reminder: don’t forget your Kevlar, hmm?

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at July 31, 2006 at 10:37 am

I’m waiting to see how it all plays out. At this point it seems that he is owning up to it, but we’ll see.
Romans 3:23
P.S. Perry, are you threatening to shoot Paul?

Posted by: ccs178 (Chris) at July 31, 2006 at 11:01 am

If the guy said fuck the Arabs they’re responsible for all the wars (sounds like me on a Saturday night) would y’all then still watch Braveheart ?
The guy clearly is out of his mind but he makes great movies. I won’t be inviting over for pah-sach

Posted by: Dan the Democrat at July 31, 2006 at 5:43 pm

Not surprised at all. The apple usually doesn’t fall very far from the tree…

Posted by: New York Hotlist at August 1, 2006 at 10:30 am

Me, Chris? Not at all. He and his buddies liked to brag how they’re risking their lives for me, that I don’t appreciate them (meaning I refuse to lick their boots), yadda yadda. So, I’m simply reminding him to take every safety precaution.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at August 2, 2006 at 11:36 am

‘Cause, you know, his job is so dangerous and all that.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at August 2, 2006 at 11:36 am

Zero to CRAZY in just one comment. Wow perry you out do yourself!

Posted by: PAUL at August 2, 2006 at 5:10 pm

And once again, Paul, you can only reply with an irrelevant (not to mention ridiculously untrue) insult, ignoring the actual topic of discussion.
You could never outdo yourself, because logically speaking, to outdo oneself is to become more.

Posted by: Perry Eidelbus at August 2, 2006 at 9:23 pm

Uh oh. The honeymoon’s over.

Posted by: Shawn at August 3, 2006 at 9:50 pm