June 27, 2006

No, really, too much information

Drudge: Dem 08 Hopeful Biden On Being President: ‘I’d rather be at home making love to my wife while my children are asleep’…

Comments

Gah.
I’ll vote for him if he promises to never say anything like that ever again.
Geez, that guy fights dirty.

Posted by: Russell at June 27, 2006 at 10:32 pm

“That makes two of us, Mr. Senator.” Meaning, of course, we’d also like him to be home making love to his wife instead of being Prez.
Wonder whether his wife agrees.

Posted by: Bill Lalor at June 27, 2006 at 11:05 pm

Does this mean he is not running?
And I agree, completely inappropriate comment by an elected official.

Posted by: New York Hotlist at June 28, 2006 at 12:16 am

Kind of torn here. While it’s nice to see Biden being lovey dovey with his wife (and frankly with the tragic death of his first wife, which did affect the guy, I don’t blame him), I really think this is taking it too far. And if he would rather be with his wife than on the campaign trail, well ok. Don’t go to Iowa and New Hampshire. But as Biden does take the train home to Delaware, I’m willing to give him at least the benefit of the doubt here.
There’s a part of me that can not forgive him for Bork and the plagarism but that was 20 years ago and he has a fairly solid record on a number of issues from crime to Bosnia. While certainly a bit long winded, Biden does not bother me as much as most of the Democratic hopefuls. I’d vote for him over Hillary, Feingold, Kerry, Edwards, probably Warner (who frankly is starting to scare me). With the excpetion of Bayh, I think he is, sadly, the best of a bad bunch. I don’t think that tells you anything about Biden but how bad the Dems are.
But as I’m not a Democrat and he is not getting out of New Hampshire, I won’t have the chance to vote for Biden.

Posted by: Von Bek at June 28, 2006 at 9:33 am

To borrow an SNL quote…
“We get it! Your junk works!”

Posted by: Gib at June 28, 2006 at 10:18 am

Von Bek,
Why is Warner starting to scare you?

Posted by: New York Hotlist at June 28, 2006 at 10:47 am

There’s a part of me that can not forgive him for Bork and the plagarism
And I can’t forgive him for the ridiculous and patronizing way he treated Condoleeza Rice during her confirmation hearing. “Hey, Boss! . . .”

Posted by: sam at June 28, 2006 at 11:01 am

I think he beats almost all of the would be presidents in the Republican bullpen.

Posted by: Von Bek at June 28, 2006 at 11:21 am

Gah! I kind of want Biden to run, first because he’d likely lose, and second because he’d probably produce a lot of good funny gaffes similar to Theresa Heinz Kerry and cause a lot of embarassment to the Dems.

Posted by: T. at June 28, 2006 at 11:29 am

the whole thing about the kids being “asleep” is kinda creepy

Posted by: rachel at July 7, 2006 at 12:53 am