May 31, 2006

More political earthquakes

Some very exciting stuff going on in New York today, but unfortunately, despite the disclaimer in my sidebar, I’m not supposed to write about any of it.

Still, since I’ve made no secret about my support for KT McFarland, directing you all to stories coming out of today’s conventionsurely can’t be breaking any rules.

Comments

Alrighty…what am I missing here ? I fail to see how Mr. Out-Of-Wedlock’s epic battle with Ms. Hillary’s-Spying-On-Me really is an earthquake. The “winner” gets the honor of having their faces smashed in by Hillary come November, 42% of the vote and become a footnote in history.
I’m also a bit puzzled by your enthusiasm for KT McFarland. From where I’m sitting in the heartland, she comes off as an open borders, pro-abortion, pro-sodomy marriage Park Avenue RINO. If that alone does not make a mockery of her claim to be a Reagan Republican, apparently she did not even vote for him in 1984. Her website is full of cliches like “KT McFarland believes that serving in public office is the highest privilege an American can be given” which I think was written by the same guy who wrote the old Whitney Houston song “The Greatest Love of All.”
But there has to be something about her to make you a fan. What am I missing here ?

Posted by: Von Bek at June 1, 2006 at 9:32 am

Whoops, just saw the “can’t write on it” part. My bad.

Posted by: Von Bek at June 1, 2006 at 9:45 am

Other than on abortion, I haven’t seen that she is to the left of John Spencer on anything.
Basically, I find her fascinating and, having worked for a couple of dud candidates in my life, I know a good one when I see it.
The earthquake part is that she’s a total come-from-behind candidate who the party establishment tried to squash. I can’t say any more than this, but people in NY politics know what a big deal it is that she made it on the ballot by such a wide margin.

Posted by: Karol at June 1, 2006 at 10:15 am

No, I know what you mean about getting on the primary ballot with NY remaining a very part bossed state. I’ll take your word on her not being to his left save on the issue of life. Best of luck with it all.

Posted by: Von Bek at June 1, 2006 at 10:18 am

she’s a total come-from-behind candidate
Is that in the way that Vito from The Sopranos is a “come from behind kind of guy?”

Posted by: Anonymous at June 1, 2006 at 4:22 pm