April 28, 2006

That’s an awfully strange coincidence

The woman who says she was raped by three members of Duke’s lacrosse team also told police 10 years ago she was raped by three men, filing a 1996 complaint claiming she had been assaulted three years earlier when she was 14.

So, how over is this case?

Posted by Karol at 01:45 AM |
Comments

that’s funny. the united states claimed that the world trade center was attacked by terrorists in 1993; then, the country claimed the buildings were attacked again in 2001.

Posted by: not dawn summers at April 28, 2006 at 9:40 am

Back in time I go…
I was accused of not serving a table promptly because of race in 1993. Nevermind that we waited tables in a buddy system, and my buddy’s look matched the complainers’.
Restaurant records revealed….. …. ..they had been in six months before and made the same claim against another server!

Posted by: michael at April 28, 2006 at 10:01 am

Whoa, I think a few weeks ago, NDS made a faulty analogy. And a few weeks before that too! And possibly…

Posted by: Jay at April 28, 2006 at 10:20 am

The first charge was dismissed because the then 14 year old victim feared for her safety. There was nothing to suggest the old charge was false. Unless one were to believe that following through on a rape allegation all the way to trial, if necessary, were easy and fun and there’s no reason a person wouldn’t want to do it if the charge were true, this doesn’t equal the players being innocent.

Posted by: Gib at April 28, 2006 at 11:57 am

The Smoking Gun has the old complaint, and I noticed that the race of the men accused are each black.
Lesson learned: Blame rich white guys, get Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to raise hell with the race card, and the DA will prosecute, and you will get MONEY!!!!
Harsh? Perhaps, but this is where I think this is going…

Posted by: Mark at April 28, 2006 at 12:20 pm

I don’t want to blame the alleged victim, but she should stop putting herself in positions where its easy to get raped by 3 men. Its not like she was pulled into a car at gunpoint. She was probably drinking and flirting with the guys and the guys took it too far.

Posted by: delbrians at April 28, 2006 at 2:32 pm

Delbrains, I hope you get raped by three men. Really.

Posted by: Sam L. at April 28, 2006 at 6:25 pm