March 29, 2006

Hilarity ensues

Ace discovers a Muslim dating site.

Posted by Karol at 09:23 AM |
Comments

I don’t know which is funnier; the people who know next to nothing about a religion and it’s followers, or the ignorant comments they make. Imagine if the spotlight fell on a site for another religion (yours for example), what ‘hilarious’ comments would be made of the woman devout in that religion? I wonder what religions, sects or races would’ve been as funny in the 1900’s?
IMO the USA berate and deride one group, then that group joins in with the derision of the next group, in order to declare their ‘acceptance’. What a shame.

Posted by: bryan at March 29, 2006 at 6:43 pm

Dude. They have pictures of themselves in full burkas. If you don’t find that funny, I don’t know what to tell you.

Posted by: Karol at March 29, 2006 at 9:52 pm

Start with the clothes, then what? It’s their religion. Don’t like Islam? Don’t become a muslim. Do you think the most devout people of your faith, or any others would come in for less stick? Did you notice the guy talking about stitching bomb-belts (or some such) in the comments? Join in with him, it shows you are accepted.

Posted by: bryan at March 30, 2006 at 5:29 am

Bryan, you’re a doof, a humorless doof at that. If it makes you feel better to say that laughing at people who put up photos on dating sites in full burkas is the same as ‘hating’ Islam, I can’t help you.

Posted by: Karol at March 30, 2006 at 10:30 am

But I bet you’d really love a site which mocked the Hassidim? Think about it. Stereotypes have a firm basis in fact. It’s when it’s assumed all muslim women wear the bhurka that it starts to become more like the experiences of your own people.

Posted by: bryan at March 30, 2006 at 3:39 pm

Bryan, again, if you can’t see the humor in a pic that shows a woman in a full burka, there’s nothing I can do about that. It’s funny. It would be funny even if it was my religion.

Posted by: Karol at March 30, 2006 at 3:51 pm

I bet most of the white, nice looking women who put not religious in thier profiles are scammers.
“Ahmed, send me $1000 so I can buy a plane ticket so we can meet and maybe get married”.
After he sends the money he never hears from her again.

Posted by: PAUL at March 31, 2006 at 12:14 pm