February 28, 2006

I love the Democrats

Paul Hackett on being pushed out of the race against U.S Senator Mike Dewine:

Schumer and Reid, the guys who said my country needs me, had a change of heart. There was never any explanation given. Schumer, in particular, actively sought to undermine my insurgent campaign, in part by calling up my donors and telling them not to raise money for me, which is like a doctor cutting off oxygen to a patient. He also worked through others to get state and local politicians to publicly urge me to quit.

Hat tip UB.

Comments

Yah, cause the Republicans have never pushed a war veteran out of a primary in favor of the guy who could raise more money because of better name recognitionand… What? oh, sorry…got distracted by a text message from Mccain’s black child.

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at February 28, 2006 at 5:36 pm

Well I hope the sulkers in the Hackett tent hurt Brown in Ohio but I really don’t think there is much for the Republicans to crow about. They failed to get a candidate who can win in Florida. They did not get the strongest candidate against Nelson in NE Byrd in WV or Conrad in ND or the open seat in VT or against Cantwell in WA or against Little Liberal Debbie up in MI. While I’m still hoping for pickups in MD and Minn, I’m still worried about RI, PA and now MO. Frankly, I hope Mitch McConnell (former head of the Republican Senate Campaign Committee) shows more spine than Frist ever did and sends Mrs. Dole to walk the plank. She flopped as a presidential candidate and she flopped in her current role.

Posted by: Von Bek at February 28, 2006 at 5:44 pm

Yep. John McCain never ran for President. Never competed in primaries or anything like that. I once thought I voted for John McCain in a primary once, but it must have been a dream.

Posted by: Gib at February 28, 2006 at 11:56 pm

The only Paul Hackett I know of is an NFL offensive coordinator, and he sucks at that, too.

Posted by: Jason at March 2, 2006 at 7:52 pm

The Republicans never bounced vet Calif. Rep. “Duke” Cunningham. Oh sure his menu of bribes troubled the Clinton appointed judge that sentenced him. Just as the Clinton appointed Judges will sentence Ney and Delay. The difference between America’s Party and the Demoncrates is we don’t eat our own..as for the attacks on McCain that was 7 years ago…get over it..

Posted by: Drew at March 4, 2006 at 7:50 am