January 25, 2006

Today’s ‘you can not be serious’ item

Mexico to Give Migrants Maps of Arizona

Posted by Karol at 11:32 AM |
Comments

That’s what I said when I first saw these signs on the interstate:
Sign

Posted by: ll at January 25, 2006 at 11:57 am

Our border patrol should wait at the points indicated on the Mexican map of Arizona and capture 70,000 illegal immigrants.

Posted by: Jake at January 25, 2006 at 12:04 pm

ll:
Well, they shouldn’t be breaking the law but I think it’s in everyone’s interests if illegal immigrants don’t get crushed by American cars.
Let me guess … you’re against needle exchange programs too?

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at January 25, 2006 at 2:44 pm

No, I was just making an off handed comment on the humor of signs signaling illegal alien crossings as if they are deer. Asshole.

Posted by: ll at January 25, 2006 at 2:51 pm

(I linked to you. I tried to send a trackback but it didn’t work).
“Forget immigration laws but an advocacy group for day laborers says ‘The second thing is to have the government enforce the labor laws more consistently.’”

Posted by: Thomas Galvin at January 25, 2006 at 3:01 pm

Yeah, I’d hate to have to scrape an illegal off of my grille, too.

Posted by: Jay at January 25, 2006 at 3:22 pm

Sorry, Karol. I’m tired and irritable. Jay had a better way of handling it. I think I’ll try to add some illegal alien hood ornaments to my car this weekend.

Posted by: ll at January 25, 2006 at 4:12 pm

Muchos gracias, senor presidente Jorge W. Bush. The more the president talks about amnesty, the more illegal aliens we will see invading this nation.

Posted by: Von Bek at January 25, 2006 at 6:19 pm

Its in Mexico’s best interest to get their poor across the border. Smart move. To JG’s point, this is no different than needle exchange or giving condoms out in Sex Ed.

Posted by: delbrians at January 26, 2006 at 8:38 am

No, JG’s point was an attempt to be an a-hole. He succeeded.

Posted by: ll at January 26, 2006 at 9:26 am

again with running people over.
Here’s how to get rid of your illegal alien problem:
STOP EMPLOYING THEM!
Would you cross the border for a job ten times better than you could get where you are (but half what they got there if there were no jobs?
Would you employ an illegal for half the cost if you then were fined more for doing so than if you hadn’t?
I would go as far as to suggest that if, when caught, the illegal was to inform on his former employers, they should be rewarded with a small percentage of whatever fine was recouped after he was dropped back over whatever border they had crossed.

Posted by: bryan at January 27, 2006 at 3:25 am