December 30, 2005

Wiretapping that ass (by guest blogger Julia)

Hey, I finally figured out why liberal Democrats have been up in arms over the discovery that the government wiretaps some telephone conversations. They’re worried that their own conversations could be tapped, and that Bush will hear all their phone sex calls.

Seriously, sex is usually the driving force at the bottom of any liberal policy position. You can trace almost any of their positions back to sex. For example, why do you think they don’t want the Ten Commandments hanging in the classrooms? Because one of those commandments says thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, and liberals are like, “We think the kids should make their own decisions about that.” And why do you think a liberal doesn’t want you to own a gun? Because he doesn’t want to get shot in case he sleeps with your wife.

I outline a good many more of these in an old article titled “It’s the Sex, Stupid.”

Unacknowledged Liberal Credo: Give me liberty or give me tyranny. Just so long as I can still have sex.

Posted by at 01:17 PM |
Comments

Love this passage from the linked piece, but man, is this the wrong blog for it:

“Sex in the City” gives us more. Its 30-something spring chickens, who should have families by now–or be somewhat focused on getting there–provide validation and encouragement for the promiscuous lives of single young (and not so young) women in the city. In case you thought this lifestyle was making you miserable, a top TV show says you’re living right. A show where the starlets indulge in one-night stands, followed by braggadocio and then casual discussion of their resulting infections has become the great equalizer of women.

Karol (who is not the type of woman described above) and I talk about this all the time. I say it’s a turn-off that so many young women in New York whore around, she counters that they’re only doing what makes them happy.
Can’t wait to hear her response to your post.

Posted by: Allah at December 30, 2005 at 1:38 pm

Liberals are never good at sex, so they need all the help they can get.

Posted by: Jake at December 30, 2005 at 1:43 pm

Well I’m glad to know why liberals oppose the Ten Commandments hanging in a classroom. But I’m still waiting to know the reason why the Bush administration’s own Bill Pryor dragged the Ten Commandments out of Roy Moore’s courtroom.

Posted by: Von Bek at December 30, 2005 at 2:12 pm

Great sex requires discipline, and Conservatives have more discipline, so Conservatives will have better sex than Liberals, QED.
Read that however you like….

Posted by: Mark Poling at December 30, 2005 at 3:43 pm

Allah
“she counters that they’re only doing what makes them happy”.
I would counter her by saying those women don’t know how to find happiness.

Posted by: Jake at December 30, 2005 at 4:50 pm

Karol goes away for one week and this is the silly shit I have to read?
It sounds like Julia should find the first sex crazed liberal she sees and get her F on, cause humorless trash like this cries out with desire.
Postings should be at least one of the following
1)informative
2)funny
3)if involving sex, they should be
“how you say” SEXY!
I will skip over the comments thus far because they are simply retarded.
However, this article reasures me that most conservatives are sexless and brainless. With the exception of Karol who is both Sexy and smart. She’ll be so upset to find out she’s on the side of the spectrum not preoccupied with sex!

Posted by: dude at December 30, 2005 at 5:50 pm

That’s brilliant analysis. I’m going to link it tomorrow morning.

Posted by: WC Varones at December 30, 2005 at 10:18 pm

dude,
will you marry me?

Posted by: Not Dawn Summers at December 31, 2005 at 1:57 am

Allah, all of my thinking on sex and marriage and love etc. is that people should do what makes them happy and not get caught up in other people’s expectations or notions on what their happiness should be. The women of SATC, with the exception of maybe Samantha, hate the one-night stands but feel like they have to have these random encounters to lead them to their ‘one’. They all want to be in a relationship. And, at the end of the show, they all end up with their ‘one’. Julia writes ‘In case you thought this lifestyle was making you miserable…’ I am against anyone doing anything that would make them miserable. My defense of women having sex with whomever they want is that they should be doing it for themselves, because they want to, and not because they hope that the guy will marry them or to have stories to tell their friends.

Posted by: Karol at December 31, 2005 at 2:57 am

The secret obsession of liberals

It sounds simplistic, but the more you think about it, the more it explains a lot. For example, liberals’ obsession with abortion to the exclusion of all other issues on the Supreme Court. Eminent domain abuse? No problem. FEC banning free speech? We…

Posted by: WC Varones at December 31, 2005 at 8:22 am

Where can I nominate this for worst post ever?

Posted by: PAUL at December 31, 2005 at 12:07 pm

Certain young Manhattanites go around fucking anything that moves; Julia criticizes them for it; and dude discerns that she’s the one who’s preoccupied with sex.
You remind me of those “straight” guys who attend gay pride parades, hang out at Lucky Cheng’s, treat themselves to regular body waxes, etc., who think the most telling sign of being latently gay is to oppose same-sex marriage.
Which is exactly why this post is an odd fit for your blog. You’re saying hooray for Samantha, that whoring around is super-keen so long as one’s motives are pure. I doubt Julia would agree. As I read her, she’s saying that promiscuity (a) is dangerous, (b) cheapens the culture, and (c) much more often than not, leads to unhappiness rather than personal fulfillment. Even Samantha eventually got tired of one-night stands, no?
I appreciate your rigorous leftish nonjudgmentalism, but face it — it’s a sham. All of us, including the lefties snarking on Julia, would look a bit askance at someone who’d racked up hundreds of partners. Like I said to you the other day, imagine you were single and a guy approached you and said the following: “I love pussy. Can’t get enough of it. In fact, I’d love some pussy right now. You’ve got a vagina, right, Karol? Let’s go.” You said you wouldn’t appreciate a come-on like that. But why not? He’s just doing what makes him happy, right?

Posted by: Allah at December 31, 2005 at 2:51 pm

Yo Allah, keep ya gay pride to yourself.
I was not really writting about Karol’s views
I was simply stating that the post was childlike and meaningless. It was a post so uptight conservatives can chime in and say “we don’t like sex as much as liberals but are better than them at it.”????? As for the rest of your nonsense you got shit all wrong.
-Julia was criticizing Liberals not Manhattanites.
-I wrote jokingly that liberals are preoccupiied w/sex, not julia.
-Neither Karol or I is proposing a lifetime of one night stands.
-Take that vulgar line you stated in the end add some game and you got ya’self a first rate pick up line. Its not what you say its how.
-Don’t ever tell me what kind of guy I am after reading one comment. You have no Idea what kind of man I am, so don’t speculate and I’ll grant you the same respect.
_yo Love is Love. Sex is sex. They both have advantages and drawbacks. So don’t get all romantic. Romantic love beats casual sex a hundred million times over, but stop acting like casual sex has no place in society.
So in sumation, put the keyboard down, sharpen ya game and go get some!
I think Karol has Julia’s # so go rock it homey!

Posted by: dude at January 2, 2006 at 3:30 pm