October 31, 2005

That’s true. You know what’s not very punk-rock? Being Madonna.

Madonna: ‘It’s actually very punk-rock to not watch TV’…

Posted by Karol at 10:49 AM |
Comments

I follow that particular advice, especially when she is droning on, singing, or worst of all acting. Her husband is just as bad. Who else makes a rubbish, overly convoluted film, and then suggests the audience is at fault for not being able to follow it?

Posted by: bryan at October 31, 2005 at 11:26 am

Ditto what bryan said. Guy Richie sucks and Madonna blows.

Posted by: dawn summers at October 31, 2005 at 11:46 am

She says this having benefited more from TV than just about any other pop star, with her videos being such a big part of her success. If you really want to hate Madonna you should check out her insufferable new documentary on MTV. I went into it not particularly disliking her and came out wanting to strangle her.

Posted by: Eric Deamer at October 31, 2005 at 12:11 pm

I can only blame myself for following that link and reading the article, but who the hell is she to complain about celebrities becoming more and more extreme in order to gain publicity? It’s like Cheech and Chong lamenting society’s increasingly lax attitude towards pot use.

Posted by: Peter at October 31, 2005 at 12:31 pm

Oh god… is she still roaming around? Aren’t we done with her yet? She is determined to be the Gen X Liza – with a straight hubby, isn’t she? Ick.

Posted by: Ari at October 31, 2005 at 12:32 pm

What does Madonna know about being punk rock?
She went straight from obscurity to pop-whore. At no point did she even APPROACH punk rock.
That’s like me deciding what is or isn’t REALLY Albanian.

Posted by: Sean at October 31, 2005 at 1:35 pm

She never gets asked the questions I want to ask her, but I suppose “How come you stink out the cinema in everything you’re in?” would not garner great response.
I remember an interview with Rod Steiger, when asked about his awful film roles of the 1980’s, said “oh, sure, but they put food on the table and kept a roof over our heads”. Madonna has no such excuse.

Posted by: bryan at October 31, 2005 at 3:04 pm

Ok, so the TV is off. When do I get my punk-rock kudos, huh?

Posted by: Shawn at October 31, 2005 at 10:06 pm

You’ve started me ranting now. Madonna was on stage at LIVE8, and swore the whole time, even though she knew this was a live broadcast at a family friendly hour in the UK. Worse still, the producers of the DVD kept that all in and cut other appearances completely.

Posted by: bryan at November 1, 2005 at 9:31 am