August 29, 2005

It’s hard to be a flasher these days

As most of you fellow web junkies may have heard already, a woman in NY had a man expose himself to her on the train and she snapped his photo with her camera phone and posted it on the internet. It looks like the suspect has been identified and it’s the co-owner of a vegetarian raw foods restaurant mini-chain in NY. I had been wanting to try the place but because of my all-meat-eating-all-the-time boyfriend, had not. So, thanks for that, Peter.

Posted by Karol at 10:45 AM |
Comments

All this time, is that what “flasher” meant? Actually, uhm, taking care of business in front of somebody?
I just thought they were exposing themselves.
Ewww.
I’ll bet it’s a misdemeanor, too, and he’ll just have to pay a fine or something.
Of course, the public humiliation is an added bonus, too.

Posted by: Sean at August 29, 2005 at 11:35 am

You’re welcome. I always thought there was something wrong with that restaurant.
About two weeks ago, Gawker had a post about another girl who took a camera phone photo of her flasher and posted it on the web. That guy looked even seedier, raincoat and all. At first I thought the Daily News was a little late in breaking this story but I guess there’s a whole rash of flashers smiling for the camera now.

Posted by: Peter at August 29, 2005 at 11:35 am

I think it’s the same guy, no?

Posted by: Karol at August 29, 2005 at 12:17 pm

The “flash” happened on August 18th, I think, so it’s probably the same story.

Posted by: Sean at August 29, 2005 at 12:22 pm

Nope, unless Mr Vegetarian grew a lot of hair and dyed it blonde in a couple of days.

Posted by: Peter at August 29, 2005 at 12:39 pm

Peter,
Wrong photo.

Posted by: ccs178 (Chris) at August 29, 2005 at 4:05 pm

Whoops…sorry, Peter…spoke too soon.

Posted by: ccs178 (Chris) at August 29, 2005 at 4:06 pm

Subway Flasher ID’d?

Okay, for legal reasons, and for truthful reasons, I’ll just say that the guy that the NY Daily News is suggesting might be the caught-on-camera subway onanist doesn’t really look all that much like the owner of this New York…

Posted by: Ace of Spades HQ at August 29, 2005 at 6:18 pm

Let a thousand rhubarb jokes bloom…

Posted by: Shawn at August 29, 2005 at 9:24 pm