July 28, 2005

Let’s Take a Quiz (by Guest Blogger Ari)

This is from an email a friend just sent me:

Posted by Ari at 01:17 PM |
Comments

Oh, snap! I remember reading that before, like a few years ago. I think it was written before the attacks in Spain, London, and Egypt, and the takeovers of a theater in Moscow and a school in Beslan. Of course, those were done by Jesuit priests, a canasta-players’ convention, Salvadoran kelp fishermen and Angela Lansbury respectively, so the pattern wouldn’t have held up.

Posted by: Yaron at July 28, 2005 at 1:46 pm

Bus Bunny.

Posted by: ken at July 28, 2005 at 1:51 pm

Er, that should say BUGS Bunny. Although Bus Bomby the splodey rabbit might make a good cartoon.

Posted by: ken at July 28, 2005 at 2:02 pm

Although Bus Bomby the splodey rabbit might make a good cartoon.
Might? I thought they already had Bus Bomby in the Saturday cartoon block on Al-Jazera.

Posted by: kbiel at July 28, 2005 at 2:07 pm

Cold Snap Hits Hell

Nah, I’m not talking about the weather here in New York. I’m talking about The New York Times running this op-ed piece:

Posted by: As I Please at July 28, 2005 at 2:36 pm

No offense, but this is the dumbest thing I have ever read.
Who killed JFK, MLK, bombed the ‘96 Olympics, bombed a federal building in Oklahoma City, set off an inferno in Waco, Texas, murdered congressman Leo ryan and then persuaded 900 people to kill themselves, started WW II and invented concentration camps, put up the Berlin Wall and crushed their own people with an iron fist, murdered james byrd, killed people and then ate them out of his freezer, killed lisa steinberg, killed gavin cato, yusef hawkins…the answer, of course, is white men aged 17-40.

Posted by: Dawn Summers at July 28, 2005 at 2:38 pm

Dawn, I think you’re getting race mixed up with religion. And I don’t know about the Kennedy killing, but there is a definite thread linking the killings in Ari’s quiz… whereas yours is just a bunch of different white guys killing a bunch of different people for a bunch of different reasons.
And to answer your question… Bus Bomby!!

Posted by: ken at July 28, 2005 at 3:43 pm

Terrorism/Racial Profiling Quiz

I got most of them right, although I did have a brainfart when I answered that Leon Klinghoffer had been murdered not by “male Muslim extremists between the ages of 17 and 40,” but by Dr. Charles Drew, who first…

Posted by: Ace of Spades HQ at July 28, 2005 at 3:47 pm

Well, I’m pretty sure Hitler and Stalin were older than 40 when they started doing the above-mentioned things. And Janet Reno’s a woman (what are you trying to insinuate!)

Posted by: Yaron at July 28, 2005 at 4:08 pm

Hey Dawn… Ahem, who killed RFK? Any idea?

Posted by: Ari at July 28, 2005 at 4:13 pm

Quick Quiz

Alarming News has another quiz that would be helpful for determining whether someone understands where the threat is coming from.

Posted by: More Than Loans at July 28, 2005 at 4:25 pm

Quiz

If we didn’t laugh at this, we’d have to cry….

Posted by: Citizen Journal at July 28, 2005 at 4:41 pm

I’m sorry, but “Bus Bomby” is by FAR the funniest thing I’ve heard all day.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: Joe CuttheShit at July 28, 2005 at 4:51 pm

C’mon, Dawn! I’ll give you a sirhan, er, hand.
Besides, your pattern doesn’t work–Waco was the responsibility of a white woman in her 50’s, who also happened to be the Attorney-General.
Remember?

Posted by: T Marcell at July 28, 2005 at 6:38 pm

Yaron:
I’ve never hear of Salvadoran kelp fishermen. How do you fish for kelp? It’s a seaweed.

Posted by: Michael at July 28, 2005 at 6:48 pm

Take the Terror Quiz

Take the Terror Quiz

Posted by: Dummocrats.com at July 28, 2005 at 7:12 pm

Take the Terror Quiz

Take the Terror Quiz

Posted by: Inthehat.com at July 28, 2005 at 7:13 pm

Indeed, I do tip my hat to Bus Bomby. I think Ken has found his mascot.
Ari, I know who killed RFK, but to lump him together with the 9/11 bombers or the Munich assassins because he was an able bodied muslim is as meaningful as saying hitler and timothy mcveigh were both male christians — so aha!

Posted by: Dawn Summers at July 28, 2005 at 7:36 pm

Dawn, you still didn’t explain why the profile of a white woman in her 50’s was included in your list…
The quiz establishes a pattern of atrocities committed by extremist muslims, whereas your list consists of various atrocities committed for different reasons and inspired by different ideologies.
I don’t know what your point was. At least the quiz was arguing for racial profiling and actually made a point. I guess you were mixing up race with religion like ken said. Or maybe you were trying to show how white males have wronged the world. But to put things in perspective, perhaps you should compile a list of people (scientists, inventors, capitalists, political figures, etc.) who made significant contributions to humanity and civilization over the past few centuries, you’ll find that most of them are white males ages 17-40!!

Posted by: canuck at July 28, 2005 at 11:31 pm

The case for profiling

Or as I like to call it: “good police work.” Look at this short quiz and see what common theme might jump out at you.

Posted by: Garm Howling at July 29, 2005 at 1:14 am

Dawn, Hitler was not a Christian.
He was actually against Christianity.
a vegetarian, too.

Posted by: Aaron at July 29, 2005 at 4:11 am

We’re trying to protect ourselves from mass murder, by urging that scarce resources of surveillance be used as efficiently as possible. Dawn is just getting in the way of that.

Posted by: Arafel at July 29, 2005 at 4:13 am

Okay, this is totally off topic at this point, but Hitler was not a vegetarian! One of my pet peeves, since I’m a vegetarian. Thanks, that’s all.

Posted by: Yaron at July 29, 2005 at 9:22 am

As for kelp fishermen, I don’t know what exactly they do, but the phrase does seem to exist. It’s one of those phrases I remember from somewhere. Um, what were we talking about again?

Posted by: Yaron at July 29, 2005 at 9:29 am

Yaron – you’re hysterical :)

Posted by: Ari at July 29, 2005 at 12:09 pm

That Was Quick

Scotland Yard and the London Police have rounded up the usual actual suspects in the failed bombings of July 21.Police swooped down on a posh London neighborhood and traced cellphone calls across Europe to a Rome hide-out Friday, netting the

Posted by: Joust The Facts at July 29, 2005 at 6:10 pm

LOL Dawn was shown to be an idiot…..I have tired of her type…..America is less safe due to such lame brained fools.

Posted by: Jim at July 31, 2005 at 12:02 pm

Racial profiling……I think it’s the best thing we can do. We are not doing it enough.

Posted by: Lawrence Baltazar at August 5, 2005 at 9:57 am

Take the Racial Profiling Quiz!

UPDATE! In light of my recent post on racial profiling, I’ve bumped this little quiz up a bit. Thanks to the fine folks at Alarming News I bring you a Quick Quiz. Take it and let me know your score

Posted by: The Kreeper's Korner at August 6, 2005 at 12:24 pm