June 30, 2005

Get your archives ready for their close-up

Publisher to turn blogs into books.

Comments

Crazy Blog-Money, Crazy Blog-Money, Thank God All Mighty, Crazy Blog-Money At Last

Publisher to start turning blogs into books. Okay, personally, I’m not expecting a call. But I’m happy for those liberal political bloggers, or web diarists, who’ll get deals out of this. Really happy. I mean it. I don’t begrudge them…

Posted by: Ace of Spades HQ at June 30, 2005 at 2:00 pm

42% of Americans and 25% of Republicans support impeachment of Bush for lieing about the motivation for premptive war.

Posted by: Chris Blair at June 30, 2005 at 3:44 pm

A Zogby poll released today finds 42% of all Americans

Posted by: Chris Blair at June 30, 2005 at 3:48 pm

*sigh*

Posted by: Ari at June 30, 2005 at 4:27 pm

For some reason I find it acceptable when I think of my own blog as a brand, but when somebody else does it in the third person, it seems really cheesy.

Posted by: Jeff Harrell at June 30, 2005 at 7:15 pm

I hope when they turn blogs into books they edit out all the stupid off-topic troll comments.

Posted by: Andrea Harris at July 1, 2005 at 7:37 pm

I thought it was inevitable that blogs would be mined for content by various publishers and other content providers. In fact, I see traditional publishers and outlets (movie studios, TV, radio, etc.) more in terms of distribution of content now than generation of content. (I get hit by big content provider addresses all the time – although I suspect many of the hits are just folks goofing off.)
And speaking of archives, are your Technorati tags being ported over to del.icio.us? Mine are there, and it does bring attention to those archives.

Posted by: Mr. Snitch! at July 5, 2005 at 2:30 pm