April 29, 2005

Get yer free crackpipe here.

Canada will give out free crackpipes to users to stem infections. Included with the pipe will be ‘alcohol swabs and lip balm along with an information sheet detailing how to prevent infection.’

Brent Colbert writes: ‘I honestly believe that they are passing the free crack pipes around the Ottawa city council chamber.’

Well, at least it’s not my tax dollars.

Via Cecile Dubois.

Comments

ROFL! Some of those are my dollars! I am pleased to see that someone finally realized the problem with crack users is that they don’t know how useful lip balm is. I hope the instructions are clear.
It does explain some of Ottawa, though.
I can’t wait until they hand out cards and sunglasses to the chronic gamblers. I could use some more cards.

Posted by: Loop at April 30, 2005 at 8:39 am

Err, is the rationale of this not to save tax dollars in the long term ? I imagine the state at some stage picks up the tab for disease ridden crackheads.

Posted by: Urbane McMeercat at April 30, 2005 at 9:34 am

ohhhh, so that’s why all the liberals want to move to Canada…

Posted by: candy girl at April 30, 2005 at 6:56 pm

Is there any crackhead in the world that gives a damn about infection? They will take the pipe and throw away the rest.

Posted by: Jake at April 30, 2005 at 9:18 pm

Urbane McMeerkat – Great name btw.
I think the rationale runs something like that. In the long run, state sponsored health care will save money by prevention of problems. However, I think giving “rockstars” tools is the wrong end of prevention. Here in Canada we like close the barn doors after the horse has left. Then we announce it will cost a billion dollars to keep the doors shut.
Crackheads need to be off the rock. A 100% diligent crackhead is a rarity of the breed – the healthcare system will see them anyway… don’t spend money twice to do the same job.
My 2 cents (1.3 cents US)

Posted by: Loop at May 1, 2005 at 7:57 am

My 2 cents (1.3 cents US)
Hahahahaha.