January 31, 2005

I won before I lost

Via Wonkette:

Kerry credits 9/11 with Bush’s win, keeps ‘08 open: “I won the [total] popular vote in the battleground states by two percentage points. We just didn’t distribute it correctly in Ohio.”

Posted by Karol at 09:28 AM |
Comments

I want him to use the exact same strategy in 2008.

Posted by: Dorian at January 31, 2005 at 1:25 pm

So, the popular vote only counts in certain “battleground states?”
I’m starting to think Ted Kennedy is the second most embarassing political decision ever made by Massachussets voters.

Posted by: Gib at January 31, 2005 at 1:46 pm

REALLY!!! What are those people in Massachusetts thinking????

Posted by: Jenny at January 31, 2005 at 2:27 pm

Let’s not be so quick to dismiss his chances in 2008. He’s learned from his mistakes. Next time we won’t keep his war record a secret. Once people actually learn that he is a war hero, the evil Republican attack machine won’t be able to paint him as weak on national defense.

Posted by: Mike at January 31, 2005 at 4:04 pm

Plus, now Kerry can point to his unyielding and unequivocal support of Iraqi democracy to counter people who claim he’s a soft-on-defense flip-flopper.

Posted by: Sobek at January 31, 2005 at 4:07 pm

Sobek–
If by, “unequivocal support of Iraqi democracy” you mean, “opposing the liberation of Iraq,” and “begging the forgiveness of countries who tried to obstruct the liberation” then…yes….he “supported” it.

Posted by: Dorian at January 31, 2005 at 4:20 pm

I just want to know what a Presidential Election runner-up is doing getting so much media attention these days. Kerry can’t be posturing for a run in 2008 this early, can he?

Posted by: Shawn at January 31, 2005 at 4:29 pm

Nice to see he’s in touch with reality

Posted by: jeff at January 31, 2005 at 5:05 pm

Dorian, I have a feeling Sobek was being slightly sarcastic, just like everyone else in this comment section.

Posted by: Karol at January 31, 2005 at 5:41 pm

I’m gonna pretend Sobek wasn’t being sarcastic, so that way I will be less embarassed :)

Posted by: Dorian at January 31, 2005 at 6:04 pm

I am going to claim that you made that quote up – I don’t care what is behind that so-called “link to Wonkette” – so that I can pretend that the guy I voted for isn’t actually retarded.
Places where Kerry needed better distribution:
(a) votes in battleground states
(b) New Yorkers and Californians in other states
(c) people who don’t like George Bush among people voting in the election
Really, it was so close…

Posted by: ugarte at January 31, 2005 at 6:08 pm

Mike, John Kerry is an actual traitor. He gave aid and comfort by espousing the North Vietnamese line when he was still officially a officer in the U.S. Naval Reserve. He is an awful hypocrite.
I am a retired USMC officer!

Posted by: Bert at January 31, 2005 at 6:18 pm

I wasn’t being sarcastic. Why is Kerry popping in the media again? What twisted and sinister plot does the junior senator from Massachusetts have up his sleeve (well, okay, now I’m being sarcastic :) ?

Posted by: Shawn at January 31, 2005 at 6:27 pm

I was wondering the same thing Shawn asks. I thought guys who lost presidential elections were supposed to retreat into anonymity. Who does Kerry think he is? Jimmy Carter?

Posted by: Peter at January 31, 2005 at 6:40 pm

George Soros is right, blaming Kerry NOW for Bush’s re-election.
John and George were just made for each other.

Posted by: Ivan Lenin at January 31, 2005 at 6:45 pm

Peter, Jimmy Carter was President.

Posted by: Dawn Summers at January 31, 2005 at 7:02 pm

I thought all he did was build houses.

Posted by: Shawn at January 31, 2005 at 8:07 pm

Bert, all Kerry did was speak truth to power when he returned from the war. Aid and comfort, my ass.

Posted by: ugarte at January 31, 2005 at 11:50 pm