November 30, 2004

In case you needed reminding…..

….Wesley Clark, endorsed by Michael Moore for president, is still dumb as rocks.

Comments

Wesley Clark, like John Kerry, is one of those people I would love to debate if I could ever figure out what they stood for.

Posted by: Dorian at November 30, 2004 at 6:46 pm

no answer to golo mann quote then?
would love to see draft dodger bush try to debate wesley clarke on defence issues.
Ultimate debate would have to be anne coulter vs michael moore. trying getting tickets to that.

Posted by: young-white-and-liberal at December 1, 2004 at 8:57 am

Was there ever a time when Clark wasn’t dumb as rocks?
The odds aren’t good.

Posted by: Lena G. at December 1, 2004 at 9:33 am

Well, George Bush is not a draft-dodger because he was never drafted.

Posted by: Dorian at December 1, 2004 at 1:17 pm

Dear Young White and Liberal–
Actually, if you look back at my post, I didn’t cite Golo Mann as a source to back my hypothesis. I cited him as a source of more information. Golo Mann’s book, along with the U.S. Army’s own account of the occupation, sharply minimize the impact of the insurgency in Germany after WW2. By contrast, the media, in particular the NYTimes, play the insurgency as if it were the end of civilization and we were about to lose Germany. I pointed out this source material because it shows primarily that there was an insurgent element in Germany after WW2, but also that, as it turned out, it wasn’t doom and gloom and hurricanes in the way the media presented it at the time. Much like present day Iraq.
On a personal note, this discussion has ended. Your argument, by the way, has evolved about 3 times. First, there was no comparison between Iraq and post-war Germany. Then you conceded there was a small comparison. Then you fell back on your previous statement that there was no insurgency to speak of, but it was played up by the media. Frankly, I don’t have time to argue every evolution of your hypothesis from here to eternity.
It has been swell!