September 29, 2004

Convo with everyone’s favorite liberal

Dawn Summers: Ok, there’s only one message Kerry needs to get across tomorrow.
Me: ‘I’m not Bush?’
Dawn Summers: Yep
Me: You guys have tried that already. You should try something else. You should try him having some ideas different from Bush.
Dawn Summers: No, that might discourage people from voting for him.
Me: Yeah, that’s called having principles, look into it.
Dawn Summers: I have principles, but John Kerry doesn’t and we have to make that work for him.

Posted by Karol at 11:40 AM |
Comments

So, tell me again, which is the empty-headed moron running for office?
John Kerry as Bartleby the Scrivener.
“Mr. Kerry, can you outline your plans for Iraq.”
“I’d prefer not to.”
“What about the economy?”
“I’d prefer not to.”

Posted by: ken at September 29, 2004 at 12:07 pm

It says alot about the performance of the current president that so many people would vote for Kerry because he is “anyone but Bush”.

Posted by: PAUL at September 29, 2004 at 2:19 pm

I think it says more about the people voting for an empty suit.

Posted by: Karol at September 29, 2004 at 2:37 pm
Posted by: Jake at September 29, 2004 at 4:43 pm

:) Paul, you are absolutely right!! It’s like having your significant other break-up with you and when you ask if there’s someone else, they reply “no, I just don’t want to be with you anymore.”

Posted by: Dawn Summers at September 29, 2004 at 5:05 pm

It’s like having your significant other
That’s also a good line. When people ask me, do you like Bush? I say, What do you mean, “Like him”? I’m not going to bed with him, I’m not even going out to have drinks with him. I’m hiring him to do a job – a job of a politicians, which is a rather creepy job – you know, you’re responsible for people dying and killing, among other things.
The whole “Anyone but Bush” paranoia has very little to do with his performance. If it had to do with his performance, Kerry would be able to offer alternatives – and stand by them. It has to do with people unwilling to face certain unpleasant realities – the reality of jihad, the reality of America not being the paradise of sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll, and the reality of most Americans not wanting to live in that kind of paradise.
“Anyone but Bush” pretty much means “Anything but grow up”. So, getting back to Dawn’s metaphor, the message is “I’m so upset with you that I will sleep with a street whore”. Only in case of Kerry, we have a rather self-righteous, moralizing, and condescending whore.
What you can get from this kind of love makes AIDS look like gonorrhea.

Posted by: Ivan Lenin at September 29, 2004 at 6:10 pm

“We have to make that work for him.”

Conservative Karol has a conversation with the liberal Dawn Summers about Kerry’s strategy for the rest of the campaign. The punch line is precious, and I would spoil it if I post even an excerpt here, so just go read it for yourself….

Posted by: batesline.com at September 30, 2004 at 12:15 am