August 31, 2004

Me: “Are you counting on Arlen Specter to be a more conservative Senator this time around with your support?’
Rick Santorum: ‘No.’

This one is for Mark, Chris and Rachel who all worked so hard on the Pat Toomey campaign only to watch their other Senator (and, to be fair, the president) sell them out:

Click the pic for the video Santorum.jpg.

UPDATE: An explanation of why I asked Santorum what I did is here.

Comments

You get face to face with Santorum and *that’s* what you ask him?

Posted by: Dawn Summers at August 31, 2004 at 4:06 pm

I would’ve asked about the “frothy mixture” thing.

Posted by: Stephen Silver at August 31, 2004 at 4:23 pm

Specter is “ultra” liberal? That’s sad.

Posted by: Joe Grossberg at August 31, 2004 at 4:31 pm

Ah my man Rick again tries to play both sides… sad.

Posted by: Mark Harris at August 31, 2004 at 4:50 pm

You should have asked him if he was aware that he’s now considered a sellout by conservatives across the nation.

Posted by: Alex at August 31, 2004 at 4:53 pm

The sad thing is a lot of my fellow social conservatives are looking at him for 2008. Granted he is better than some of the names being kicked around (Rudy, Pataki, McCain, maybe Hagel who I just don’t know much about). I think a lot of conservatives will still love Santorum no matter who he supports, kind of the way they adore W. despite his funding of NEA and open borders ideas. Something tells me a lot of social conservatives will be behind Santorum when they should be behind other candidates like George Allen (whose name is also being kicked around).

Posted by: Von Bek at August 31, 2004 at 6:30 pm

RNC Bloggers

I’ve been tracking some of the RNC Bloggers and I have to say I’m only mildly more impressed than I wasn’t with the DNC Bloggers. The coverage of the protests and the commentary about the first night speakers was far better than anything the DNS blogge…

Posted by: snellspace.com at August 31, 2004 at 8:47 pm