July 29, 2004

Question.

If I kill Peter because he’s been playing unbearable Cambodian music all day, do you think I’ll get convicted?

Comments

Not if you frame it as a “right to choose” issue.

Posted by: Dawn Summers at July 29, 2004 at 2:14 pm

Peter, are you listening to world music?
Nah, I bet it’s like Cambodia’s answer to the Velvet Underground or some such.

Posted by: Yaron at July 29, 2004 at 3:34 pm

Just hire Johnny Cochran and you’ll be fine.

Posted by: Robert at July 29, 2004 at 3:40 pm

Was it similar to what was playing Tuesday night? Cause if that’s the case… it’s almost self defense *lol*

Posted by: Ari at July 29, 2004 at 3:49 pm

Yaron, you’re pretty close. It’s a really good cd I picked up a few weeks ago of Cambodian Khmer pop and folk music. One of the songs actually sounds very Velvet Undergroundish. I’ve been meaning to write about it on my site.
Ari, what’s wrong with what I was listening to the other night?
Karol, I only played it once today. If anything, I figured you would’ve found the Liars to be the most grating thing I was listening to.

Posted by: Peter at July 29, 2004 at 4:46 pm

But…were you wearing pants?

Posted by: Dawn Summers at July 29, 2004 at 5:03 pm

Sex and violence … they always end up in the same place.
You could plead diminished capacity and maybe get 5 to 15 on a first offense.

Posted by: Michael at July 29, 2004 at 5:17 pm

In Texas, certainly, and fried like human bacon. Here, you might be able to play out a justification defense. Hell, you can kill whoever you want so long as you hire Garagos. You can’t start collecting now for your legal defense fund, however, because it might hurt you on Mens Rea. Umm, actually, this post might go to show state of mind to (delete it NOW!). On second though, you’re screwed if you do (if you get convicted no more pictures with Guiliani). DISCLAIMER: THE FOREGOING IS IN NO WAY LEGAL ADVICE AND THE UNDERSIGNED ONLY OFFERS THE USE HIS CAR TO DUMP THE BODY AS A FRIEND, NOT LEGAL COUNSEL.

Posted by: Toby at July 30, 2004 at 9:13 am

Peter darlin’, nothing really , I’m just teasing, and as I felt slightly ill that night already anything would have sounded odd to me. But… there was something slightly strange abt. it, was it chanting or very repetative? What were you listening to Tuesday night? Do you recall?
And remember, I did go cd shopping mere weeks ago and buy an array of things I’d heard through you… I happen to like your tune taste. {Uhm… usually *lol*}

Posted by: Ari at July 30, 2004 at 9:58 am

I know. I was just feeling a bit defensive after the tone of Karol’s post.
I remember I was listening to Belle and Sebastian when Karol complained about it being too loud. I also think I was listening to Ratatat and Mum before that.

Posted by: Peter at July 30, 2004 at 1:43 pm

Cambodian music? I wasn’t even aware that cambodians MADE music.
you guys are such music snobs in that big city of yours
Miss you Karol!!