July 28, 2004

Why do liberals love abortion?

Being pro-choice is one thing, this is quite another. Just one of the lovely things you can get at the Planned Parenthood store.

Via Sevnstrng.

UPDATE: Dawn Eden has more on the shirt and its gaining popularity.

Comments

Damn liberals who love abortion.
Like Mayor Rudy, Mayor Mike, George “When Spitzer or Shumer gets through with me in 2006 you will never hear of me again” Pataki, Secretary Powell, the Govenator…
Oh wait, those are the speakers at the Republican convention. Never mind. But yeah the shirt is pretty tasteless.

Posted by: Von Bek at July 28, 2004 at 1:33 pm

And what an appropriate color it comes in.
I searched for shirts saying, “I supported the liberation of Afghan women” and “I support Lynndie England” but came up snake-eyes both times.

Posted by: michael parker at July 28, 2004 at 1:47 pm

I think I know what they are going for, but … eew.

Posted by: ugarte at July 28, 2004 at 1:48 pm

Allah Pundit offers an alternative at http://www.allahpundit.com/archives/000733.html

Posted by: michael parker at July 28, 2004 at 1:50 pm

I fully support a woman’s right to choose, but that just is not right…and it does not help their cause. It is one thing to have the opinion that this is an issue the government has no place being involved in. But being proud of having an abortion is, in my opinion, sick and twisted.
But don’t throw all liberals into this category. You do that so much. Shall we lump all conservatives into a category when some far right, christian fundamentalist zealot urges dropping evolution from the schools?

Posted by: Signor_Ferrari at July 28, 2004 at 2:27 pm

As a pro-choicer I have to tell you – that t shirt is beyond utterly disgusting. Vile.

Posted by: Ari at July 28, 2004 at 2:51 pm

Signor, the title was actually a joke on Dawn Summers. I don’t really think all liberals love abortions. Just Dawn.

Posted by: Karol at July 28, 2004 at 2:59 pm

Hugo’s post is the best of them all: http://hugoboy.typepad.com/hugo_schwyzer/2004/07/waterparks_and_.html

Posted by: candace at July 28, 2004 at 4:35 pm

i’m with ari and signor. being pro-abortion certainly doesn’t mean you should be crass about it.

Posted by: scot at July 28, 2004 at 5:33 pm

Who doesn’t like abortions?

Posted by: Dawn Summers at July 28, 2004 at 5:39 pm

I like abortions because clinics are the best place to meet chicks who won’t make you wear a condom.

Posted by: Troll at July 28, 2004 at 6:00 pm

I’m shocked! OUTRAGED! Those G@dAmn LIBERAL A$$H0LE$!!! What kind of sick, twisted mind would come up with something like that? Fruity Pebbles, you are so justified in your righteous moral outrage.
Now, excuse me, because I’m going to go order one of the coolest pro-Bush t-shirts I’ve seen”, and maybe also the cammo baby jammies.

Posted by: Rick Blaine at July 29, 2004 at 10:58 am

Actually, Rick, you’re the only liberal asshole here.

Posted by: Karol at July 29, 2004 at 11:14 am

Karol and Rick, sitting in a tree, Bl-o-g-g-i-n-g. First comes post, then comes comment, then comes Dawn with a cute little sonnet.
tee hee.

Posted by: Dawn Summers at July 29, 2004 at 2:16 pm

Sonnet? Uhm… bonnet?

Posted by: Ari at July 30, 2004 at 12:30 pm

I’m disgusted, but wholly unsurprised…of course they also go on to state that 1 in every 3 women will have an abortion by age 45…as it was a right of passage, and that number has no business going down.
I believe in the right to choose, but when these shameless scum tout it as a major human advancement, I want to puke. And “isn’t right to choose” really just another case of liberal jargon…like the new, and even more dreadful “rendered unpregnant.”
The barbarians are at the gate…

Posted by: Texas Tom at July 31, 2004 at 8:15 pm

Yeah. So I just saw you bashing someone for “bashing Republicans.” Yet you’re over here bashing liberals constantly. Tell me what the difference is?

Posted by: a at August 4, 2004 at 6:34 pm

Your site is just scary. So are your opinions.

Posted by: a at August 4, 2004 at 6:35 pm

Thanks a, that means a lot coming from a emptyheaded kneejerker like you. If you had read the comments to this post you would see that the title was an inside joke between me and my liberal best friend.

Posted by: Karol at August 5, 2004 at 12:31 am

I would buy a “I love abortion” if some one was selling them.

Posted by: John at August 28, 2004 at 5:26 pm

I am going to buy this “I love abortion” t-shirt for my baby.

Posted by: Sam at August 28, 2004 at 5:31 pm

My girlfriend likes the “I love abortion” thong I bought for her. She chose to wear the thong to the clinic for her 6th abortion.

Posted by: George at August 28, 2004 at 5:34 pm

There’s nothing wrong with abortions. Put your self in a sistuation were you got raped and didn’t want to have a baby.

Posted by: J at October 6, 2004 at 11:54 am

Inkjet CartridgesInkjet Cartridge

Posted by: Inkjet Cartridges at October 18, 2004 at 5:29 am

Inkjet CartridgesInkjet Cartridge

Posted by: Inkjet Cartridges at October 18, 2004 at 5:30 am

abortion is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Posted by: ben at March 14, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Abortion is murder, dont think of the frackin mother, think of the child being murdered for what, do you think your mother had the right to abort you?

Posted by: Trevor at July 25, 2007 at 1:14 am

I’m pro choice (sort of) but I still find that shirt unsettling. Shoving things like that are just trying to make people angry. But on the idea of it killing a child, it really depends on the trimester. I mean, what? Am I killing my babies every time that I ovulate? Until the fetus is sentient, then it’s not a human. It COULD be, but let me ask you this:
With all the wars and violence in the world that is caused by humans, do you REALLY think that we need more humans?

Posted by: selah at October 26, 2007 at 1:00 pm

If your Gf had 6 abortions; she was dumb enough to get pregnant. stupid whoe. How can u even b wit a woman who has killed your child 6 times; I think she has mental issues.

Posted by: Hedi at June 11, 2010 at 5:05 pm

we should ban all forms of abortion because it is not right to kill an unborn child”,:

Posted by: Eve Reid at August 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I am pro-choice, but the thought of loving an abortion just doesn’t sound right to me. Yeah, I believe a woman has every right to do what she wants with her body, but to have an abortion multiple times gets you thinking if these women know anything about birth control.

How many times can you get an unwanted pregnancy before you decide that next time you should be more careful?

Posted by: Tiff at October 20, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I think the fact that we live in a place and time where one can go get an abortion in an “I Love Abortion” t-shirt is an incredibly awesome thing. I guess there are still a few good things about being an American. I’m going to order that T-Shirt right now, and after I get it, I’ll walk into some random church with it, see if they try to make me leave.

Posted by: Rob Clark at December 17, 2010 at 7:47 pm