July 27, 2004

Without giving away any Six Feet Under plot lines….

…..am I the only one who has lost all respect for everyone in the Fisher household, save maybe Claire, this season? Nate for the constant whine, whine, whine, David for whine, whine and being dumb as rocks (if you saw the episode two weeks ago, you’ll know why), Ruth for being waaaaaaaay too trusting. I used to like the characters but I’m finding the family members extremely annoying this season. Even Brenda has gotten so blah. A baby? Seriously? Just a few seasons ago she was getting felt up by strangers while she shopped and now she’s thinking about kids? This isn’t going to end well.

Comments

Dead Like Me! Dead Like Me! Dead Like Me! Now THAT’s a fun show.

Posted by: ken at July 27, 2004 at 10:21 pm

Well, it doesn’t stop at politics with us. Heh! I agree with you about the mom, but that is about it. Yes, she’s a whiney pain and George’s true colors are shining through. Claire, on the other hand, remember that Claire was high as a kite when her father died…. I found it funny as hell that she was high as a kite at dinner, then turned it around to be there for David, and then tell Nate what he had to do. She’s becoming a stronger character discovering herself. As for Nate, yes, he’s been whiney. Hell, his wife (he never really loved) died. Yet, when push comes to shove he came back by David just when he found something that made him happy…. it made me teary. And David, well, he’s sappy. (BTW, I saw David at Symphony Space about 3 weeks ago) He has always been sappy. I watched the episode two weeks ago twice.. thought it was done excellently. He was traumatized. Yet, David tries to see good in people (probably as he sees people at their worst all the time). I think the show is going up not down (unlike QAF, which had a horrible season).
Oh yeah, one last thing…. Brenda’s sanity has been boring and transparent. However, she’s back in Nate’s arms accepting that Charlotte Light and Dark cannot deal with the normalcy of the situation. I just hope she’s pregnant with Joe’s baby so he stays on the show (Justin Theroux is so damn yummy!).

Posted by: Toby at July 27, 2004 at 10:35 pm

It’s really fallen off a cliff this year.

Posted by: Stephen Silver at July 28, 2004 at 1:18 am

I have faith the show will come around, I am annoyed with the Rico and whore storyline personally…

Posted by: Jennifer at July 28, 2004 at 4:38 am

It’s not that I have a problem with Claire getting high, it’s just that she’s soooooo pretentious and I know that she’s young but c’mon, not everything needs to be philosophized on for hours. David was beyond dumb for picking up the hitchhiker, smoking crack with him, not fighting back at all. And Nate is just unbearable. He is loving this whole ‘my wife is dead, I can have outbursts as I please’. He’s wanted to act like a spoiled brat his whole life, now he can.

Posted by: Karol at July 28, 2004 at 10:49 am