July 25, 2004

In other, happier news

My friend Emily has been voted one of the 50 most beautiful people on Capital Hill (is it me or did they give the men on the list a lot more leeway in terms of beauty than the women).

Emily.jpg

Her equally beautiful sister Elizabeth designs the coolest pro-Bush t-shirts I’ve seen.

Comments

So….ummmmmm….are they available?
….not talking about the shirts.

Posted by: Scott at July 25, 2004 at 9:14 pm

Yes, some of the men aren’t really what I’d call beautiful. I’d also say your friend Emily might be the best looking out of all of the women…

Posted by: Bonnie at July 25, 2004 at 9:35 pm

nice list composition… who says liberals are hotter than conservatives?
also, props to candace tolliver for representing. i’m tempted to congratulate maria cantwell, cause she’s my rep, but it’d be more like a “congratulations, they were so drunk by the time they got to you that they weren’t scared off by your election-buyer’s face.”

Posted by: candace at July 25, 2004 at 10:19 pm

karol, when i get to n.y. i’m expecting you to set me up with some of your conservative gal pals. i can make a lot of money but i’m terrible with it – i’ll need someone who can balance the household budget (and that counts the liberals out).

Posted by: scot at July 25, 2004 at 11:14 pm

Umm, I’d say Yummy to about 10 of the guys. The others, I completely agree.

Posted by: Toby at July 25, 2004 at 11:54 pm

That is funny….you are right about the men, some are lacking a little something. Most of the women were really attractive though.
I hang out with a ton of Cap. Police, and it is amusing that he was picked as one of the most beautiful…..cause a lot of them are really beautiful! Best part is, they can get us out of any line in the city at 2 am when it is freezing and I want a martini…they just flash a badge. I love knowing important people. Oh, and most of them are Republicans! :)

Posted by: Courtney at July 26, 2004 at 9:35 am

“Capitol” Hill, love, “Capitol” Hill.
The Capitol Building is the capital of our nation.

Posted by: Michael at July 26, 2004 at 11:52 am

Hi Karol,
I’ve been trying to e-mail about the Conservative Book Discussion Club Bush/Cheney Campaign table we are setting up by MSG, but everything comes back undelivered. Please let me know where I can e-mail the stuff. Ray Agostini

Posted by: Ray Agostini at July 26, 2004 at 2:56 pm

July 26, 2004
Dear Bush/Cheney Supporter,
The Conservative Book Discussion Club is sponsoring a Bush/Cheney Campaign Gear & Information Table in New York City and we are asking supporters of Bush and Cheney to join us. We need people to volunteer to staff the table, show up to provide support, and spread the word to get others to join this effort.
The table will be set up every Saturday starting July 31 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at 7th Avenue near Madison Square Garden, between 33rd and 34th Street, on the west side of the avenue. This is a very busy spot traversed by tens of thousands of people daily, not only from NY, but also from NJ and tourists from around the country.
The idea of the table is to reach the greatest possible number of likely Bush supporters, sympathizers, fence sitters and swing voters.
First, we want to energize Bush supporters to go out and vote, because every vote does count, even in NY (NJ is said to be in play this year): it

Posted by: Ray Agostini at July 26, 2004 at 3:01 pm

I’m assuming a lot of those gentelmen weren’t terribly photogenic, or the talent pool in our nation’s capitol is a bit shallow.

Posted by: Sean at July 26, 2004 at 5:38 pm

She looks hostile. Is she a liberal? A dyke?

Posted by: Radical Redneck at July 26, 2004 at 6:02 pm

Wow, real cool T-shirts! Oooh! I want the camo baby jump suit! It will look just perfect on my precious as I drive him around in our H2 guzzling gas and dreaming of new wars.

Posted by: Toby at July 26, 2004 at 7:40 pm