April 29, 2004

I like parties

There are going to be Bush parties happening all over the country tonight. Find one near you by visiting the Bush campaign website (which is, by the way, a really amazing site by campaign website standards). I’m going to try to make it to a few of them, but I’ll be starting out at the one held by the NY Young Republican Club (there are two in NYC, this is the state affiliated one) at the Bar Room, 986 2nd Avenue, btwn 52nd and 53rd Streets. I’ll be getting there around 8:30 in case you’re wondering. :-)

Posted by Karol at 11:46 AM |
Comments

You crazy college kids and your partying.
Oh, and too bad about Toomey. So damned close…

Posted by: Sean at April 29, 2004 at 12:11 pm

Well, I’m not really a college kid, being 27 and nearly out of grad school, but thanks. You should come by!

Posted by: Karol at April 29, 2004 at 12:26 pm

my local bush party is NOT LOCAL. that makes me sad. nobody parties like republicans!

Posted by: candace at April 29, 2004 at 1:49 pm

That’s weird. In bastion of liberalism, NYC, there are like 5 parties going on. I’m having trouble deciding which to attend first.

Posted by: Karol at April 29, 2004 at 1:52 pm

See, K, proof once again that, despite the wishes of our Democratic friends, New York isn’t a one-party town. :)

Posted by: bobm at April 29, 2004 at 4:28 pm

I met Karol at bar room but got their after the meeting was over.
I was with two friends from work and myself and two friends were not into the scene at Bar Room.
(the meeting was over, it was the normal scene)
I talked to Karol and a couple people that were still there from the meeting so I didn’t mind being there. But my friends who were hanging out downstairs were hating it. About 20 minutes of being there they came over and said, “we got to get out of here, these people remind me of the kids I didn’t like in highschool.”
I must admit I made a stereotype comment:
“the republicans had their meeting here, I can see why they picked this place.”

Posted by: PAUL at April 30, 2004 at 12:21 pm