November 28, 2003

BAD IDEA.

Headline on Drudge: KERRY CONSIDERS BORROWING AGAINST HOME TO FINANCE CAMPAIGN…

Posted by Karol at 04:46 AM |
Comments

Bad idea? I think that Kerry can actually win the Dem nod. He also has the money to blow away anyhow.

Posted by: jc at November 28, 2003 at 9:38 pm

At first, his wife was not going to finance his candidacy.
Then Kerry promised his wife that the US would invade Mexico so Big Ketchup would have a cheap source of tomatoes. Because of his promise, she agreed to pay for his run.
Now she realizes that Kerry has no chance of winning so she has cut off his money supply.

Posted by: Jake at November 28, 2003 at 10:37 pm

I don’t know JC, I think Kerry is a longshot. All roads lead to Dean (money, poll numbers, states in his pocket). The only upset I can see is Gephardt winning Iowa and this somehow giving him momentum for other primaries. But even so, I doubt he can stop the Dean Machine.

Posted by: Kashei at November 29, 2003 at 1:38 pm

The “dean machine” aka “hanoi howie” is the best possible opponent for Bush. George should easily wipe the floor with him and his supporters (The seemingly endless parade of human debris). However, Kerry and Geppy only have to slow him down in the early primaries. When Super Tuesday hits Hanoi like a tsunami things may look different. Perhaps a wager is in order–Kashei?

Posted by: jc at November 29, 2003 at 10:09 pm

I’m a gambling woman (I won the jackpot in poker last night!) so I’m interested. What exactly are we betting? That Kerry will win the nomination?

Posted by: Kashei at November 29, 2003 at 10:42 pm

Since dean is the favorite I think that the wager should concern the percentage of delegates that he amasses. Or a straight up wager- dean(nomination or not) should have odds given to a politically challenged fellow such as myself.
A.dean versus field(delegate %) 70-
B.dean versus field(nomination) odds 4-1
Which will it be “A” or “B”? Feel free to argue % or odds.

Posted by: Jc at November 29, 2003 at 11:43 pm