September 27, 2003

Buy Me Things

I used to think ‘wish lists’ on blogs were cheesy. Then I though, cheesy-shmeezy, I’m a poor-ish student with many wants, particularly in the book department, and theres nothing wrong with getting presents. So, I’ve made an Amazon wishlist. And, I’ve added the link to the left side of your screen.
It’s funny how the list shows my tranparency as to what my interests/favorites lately have been: examining the neverending racialist games played in this country, Dinesh D’Souza (who, by the way, is debating at an event in NYC on October 14th), Hanif Kureishi (an incredible British writer who has the unfortunate experience of having several of his phenomonel books turned into some of the worst films I’ve ever seen), experiencing one of those crazy travel urges that will take me on 5 trips in the next few months (Ohio, Prague, L.A, Vancouver and either Russia or Italy by December), rereading all the Granta magazines I have and wishing I had others and fiending some new music (such as the new Spiritualized or BMRC).
So, don’t be shy, purchase away! :-)

Comments

“I used to think ‘wish lists’ on blogs were cheesy”
K,
You were correct.

Posted by: Radical Redneck at September 28, 2003 at 12:03 pm

:-P

Posted by: Kashei at September 28, 2003 at 12:23 pm

i used to think they were cheesy too, until i put mine up and someone actually bought me something! Now its like, y’all might think its cheesy, but i got a free book so nyaaaa!

Posted by: annika! at September 28, 2003 at 7:44 pm

I’ll tell you what K, I will buy you a book for every attractive, conservative female NYU student you bring to me. It will be quite a treasure hunt – I believe there are approximately four. :-)

Posted by: Radical Redneck at September 29, 2003 at 3:47 pm

I only began my amazon wish list a week or so ago, for the same reasons as you I’m a poor student and a little prezzie would be a nice surprise :P Dubious about whether a stranger would buy me anything but we will see :P

Posted by: SD at August 26, 2012 at 9:05 am